This agreement requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than courts or jury trials, and limits the remedies available in the event of a dispute.
By accessing this Site & Service you/user/visitor (Collectively referred to as Users) automatically confirm your acknowledgment & acceptance of these T&C & R&R of this agreement.
For personal use only:
- Your account and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the Site or Service.
- You will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of the Site or Service and
- You will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
THG Publishing Private Limited does not allow multiple users (networked or otherwise) to access the Site or Service through a single name and password and may cancel or suspend your access to the Site or Service if you do this, or breach any of these Terms without further obligation to you.
Bulk and institutional subscription:
- To avail bulk license or institutional license please write to us at: [email protected]
- In case you wish to claim the GST, please reach out to us before making the payment for the subscription.
- Please write to us at [email protected] and let us know your GST number which can be included while generating the invoice.
- We will not be to be able to assist you regarding GST related queries post payment of the subscription.
- For more information, Please write to us at: [email protected]
THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED is the sole and absolute owner of & maintains the below sites:
- Photographs & Images
- Games / Contest
- RSS feed
- This service is provided on an "As Is" basis & is continually under development.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED informs that all users/visitors to this site(s) on the World Wide Web (the "Site”) shall adhere to these Terms & Conditions [T&C] & Rules & Regulations [R&R]
- By accessing this Site & Service you/user/visitor (Collectively referred to as Users) automatically confirm your acknowledgment & acceptance of these T&C & R&R of this agreement.
- The trademarks, logos & service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site & Service are the property of THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED & other parties.
- Users are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED or such third party which may own the Marks.
- All information & content including any software programs available on or through the Site & Service("Content") is protected by copyright.
- Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site & Service for commercial or public purposes
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this Site & Service but not for commercial purposes.
- We permit the use of materials on this Site & Service subject to due credit is given to THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED.
- The use shall also be subject to non-commercial use and limited to personal or academic dissemination. (Including on social media and use on all kinds of media).
- Copyright should be acknowledged.
- Such use should not infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of any person
- When using material on the Site or Service, proper attribution to authors and/or copyright holders must be given.
- User is granted a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create hyperlinks to the home page or any other page of THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED so long as any of these links do not portray THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED or their podcast or products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner.
- You may not use THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED's logos or proprietary graphics or trademarks as part of the link without express permission.
- All content on the Site & Service is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability & fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security, or accuracy.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED does not endorse & is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made through the Site & Service by any party other than THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED. Other than as required under applicable law,
- Under no circumstance will THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through the Site & Service.
- It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice, or other content available on/through the Site & Service.
- Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, or other content.
- You may download certain THG Publishing Private Limited apps (“Service”) either from THG Publishing Private Limited Sites or from third party app stores. All of these terms apply to the maximum extent relevant to your use of the Apps
- We shall not be liable for any damage caused to or interference with any equipment or other Apps or content of any description.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site & Service, (even if THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED has been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment.
- Users are invited to submit comments, questions, ideas, reviews, or any other information concerning THG Publishing Private Limited, the website and Service contents, provided they understand that such comments will be subject to moderation & THG Publishing Private Limited reserves the right to remove or edit such content.
- All such submissions should not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory or infringing on privacy or on intellectual property rights of others.
- Except as required by law THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information & which are transmitted directly to THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED.
- Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential & THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED may use & provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED for any purpose whatsoever & as deemed appropriate by THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site & Service & the framing of any Content available through the Site & Service.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames & specifically disclaims any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site & Service.
- Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site & Service is at the user's own risk.
THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED is under no obligation to review any messages, information, or content ("Postings") posted on the Site & Service by users & assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site & Service & may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain:
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Messages posted by users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED purporting to speak on behalf of THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
- Chain letters /mails of any kind.
- Changes To T& C and R & R
We reserve the right to revise these T&C and R&R at any time & Users are deemed to be apprised of & bound by any changes to these T & C and R&R. The latest updated T&C and R&R would be posted on the Site & Service.
- THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law & in equity for violations of these T&C & R&R, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site & Service.
- Access to & use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site & Service is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site & Service may be subject to prosecution.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement, including any question regarding its existence, amendment, validity, or termination, shall be referred to & finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Indian Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996.
- The arbitration shall be a "documents only", evidence through affidavits "fast track" arbitration.
- The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator to be appointed by THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED. The exclusive seats of arbitration shall be Chennai, India & the language of the arbitration shall be English.
- This agreement shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the laws of India.
- User access to & use of the Site & Service is subject to all applicable laws.
- In respect of all matters/disputes arising out of, in connection with or in relation to this agreement, only the civil courts at Chennai City, India shall have jurisdiction, to the exclusion of all other courts.
- The Site & Service is deemed to be published from/at Chennai City, India (irrespective of where it is accessed from).
- This online payment system is provided by THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED (MERCHANT).
- The terms and conditions shall be amended, changed and/or modified from time to time by the MERCHANT and any such amendments/modifications/ changes shall be effective forthwith.
- By default, all subscriptions purchased on our Site & Service are auto-recurring. For subscriptions purchased on the Site, you can disable auto-recurring on the 'My Account' page. Alternatively, you can also cancel the recurring mandates (standing instructions) from your bank/payment provider. For Play Store/App Store subscriptions, you can disable/cancel/refund only through those respective stores.
- Online payment by user/customer is subject to the acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility for the Products and/or Services of MERCHANT. Using the online payment facility on our Site & Service indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- The Product and Services are as described in our Site & Service under various section. Please carefully read the description of the product/service before proceeding with payment.
- Payment shall be made in advance for the Products and Services
- All prices quoted are in Indian Rupees, unless explicitly stated otherwise. The MERCHANT reserves the right to change the prices at any time.
- Your payment will normally reach the MERCHANT account to which you are making a payment within two working days.
- The MERCHANT cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the MERCHANT account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details or for any other fault. The Merchant shall not accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the net banking system / credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment the MERCHANT is under no obligation to bring this fact to your notice. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account and reached the MERCHANT.
- In no event, the MERCHANT shall be liable for any loss, damages, compensation whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, at the discretion of the MERCHANT and shall be made only to the net banking account/debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Policy shall require the MERCHANT to refund the Fees (or part thereof) unless such Fees (or part thereof) have previously been credited to the MERCHANT account.
- Please note that refunds on monthly plans can only be processed within 2 days (48 hours) from purchase.
Email: [email protected]
Any matter, dispute, resolution on the presents is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Chennai Court only.
- By accessing the Site & Service you are entering into an agreement with THG and agree to the terms that follow (the "Terms").
SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT APPLICABLE TO EUROPEAN UNION- EU USERS
1. Registration, Passwords and Responsibilities :
- Your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the Site & Service. THG Publishing Private Limited assumes that by signing up you are of a minimum of 18 years of age or above and if you are not, you have signed up with the guidance and permission of your guardian. If not, the responsibility will be borne by the guardian of the minor or the minor, as the case may be.
- You will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain unauthorised access to registration or subscription.
- You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site & Service, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- You comply with these terms and conditions. If, for any reason, THG Publishing Private Limited believes that you have not complied with these requirements, THG Publishing may at our discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of the Site & Service and without giving you any advance notice.
You are responsible for keeping your information and passwords up to date and confidential.
- Certain features of the Site and Service may be open to registered users or subscribers only. By signing up on the Site & Service and subscribing, you become a "Registered User".
- Even if you are not subscribing, you still will become a "Registered User".
- Being a Registered User shall entitle you to:
- Push Notifications
- One-time Free Trial with full access to all premium features
- Any other content which THG Publishing Private Limited determines shall be part of the benefits of being a Registered User from time to time.
- THG Publishing Private Limited reserves the right to amend or vary THG Publishing Private Limited Content available to Registered Users from time to time.
- You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of and access to Content and the Site & Service using your username and/or password.
- You agree to immediately notify THG Publishing Private Limited if you become aware of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of any password, user ID or e-mail address or of any Content.
- You will provide THG Publishing Private Limited with accurate, complete registration information and inform THG Publishing Private Limited of any changes to such information.
- For the purpose of confirming your compliance with these Terms, THG Publishing Private Limited reserves the right to monitor and record activity on the Site & Service, including access to the Content.
- Each registration and subscription are for the personal use of the Registered User or subscriber only.
- You may not share your log-in details or password with any other person.
- You may not share or transfer your subscription with anyone.
- THG Publishing Private Limited does not allow multiple users (networked or otherwise) to access the Site through a single name and password and may cancel or suspend your access to the Site & Servicet if you do this, or breach any of these Terms without further obligation to you.
2. Subscription and Cancellation :
- THG Publishing Private Limited reserves the right to vary the amount of content and types of service that it makes available to different categories of users at any time, including without limitation to Registered Users.
- THG provides a subscription that allows our subscribers to access content ("THG Content") over the Internet to certain mobile phones, computers and other devices. By subscribing to the THG, you deem to accept the Terms & Conditions.
3. Free Trials :
- Our THG subscription may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your subscription specified during sign-up is intended to allow subscribers to try the service.
- Free trial eligibility is determined by THG at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility to prevent free trial abuse.
- We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible at our discretion without assigning any reason.
- We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent THG subscription to determine eligibility.
4. Renewal :
- Unless specifically stated in any Subscription offer or promotion when you place your Subscription order with THG Publishing Private Limited.
- THG Publishing Private Limited will contact you at the end of the initial subscription period with an offer to renew your subscription at the then prevailing renewal rate, which may be changed from time to time.
5. Cancellation :
- To cancel your subscription, please write to [email protected]
- No refund is applicable after 2 days from the day of purchasing the product.
6. Contract and Disputes :
- THG Publishing Private Limited shall provide your Subscription in accordance with these Terms (and the terms of any offer or promotion that may apply to your Subscription).
- As further detailed above you have legal rights with regards to your subscription including the right to cancel. Should you have any queries please contact us at [email protected]
7. Fees and Payments :
- You are responsible for any fees that are payable including any processing or other fees charged by the issuing bank/payment provider.
- The price to be paid for your Subscription will be made clear to you on the Subscription order pages or otherwise during the order process and may vary from time to time.
- You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase your Subscription together with any processing or other associated fees charged by the issuing bank/payment provider.
- Eligibility for any discounts if applicable is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your Subscription.
- All payments from outside India (including any applicable taxes) must be made in US Dollars. If we find out that you are from outside India and are transacting in INR, your account will be suspended.
- You are responsible for the payment of all charges associated with the use, by you or someone else, of the Site & Service using your ID.
- When you purchase a Subscription or access to any other Content owned by The Hindu, you must provide THG Publishing Private Limited with complete and accurate payment information.
- By submitting payment details, you confirm that you are entitled to use those payment details for this purpose.
- If THG Publishing Private Limited do does not receive payment authorisation or any authorisation is subsequently cancelled, THG Publishing Private Limited may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription or content and in suspicious circumstances we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities.
- THG Publishing Private Limited respects your privacy.
- THG Publishing Private Limited reserves the right, in its discretion and at any time, to suspend, change, modify, add or remove portions of the content available on the Site & Service at any time and to restrict the use and accessibility of the Site and Service.
- All Content and services are provided 'as is'. You indemnify us for breaches of these Terms.
- Although we endeavour to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the Site & Service and THG Publishing Private Limited makes no warranty, express or implied concerning the content, the Site & Service, which are provided "as is".
- THG Publishing Private Limited expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability.
- In no event will THG Publishing Private Limited, its affiliates, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable for indirect, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on the Services, even if THG Publishing Private Limited has been advised of the possibility that such damages may arise.
- THG Publishing Private Limited does not guarantee the accuracy, content, or timeliness of the Services or that they are free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties.
- In no event will any liability of THG Publishing Private Limited or its affiliates, agents, suppliers and licensors to you that may arise out of any kind of legal claim (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) in any way connected with the Services or in breach of these Terms by THG Publishing Private Limited exceed the amount, if any, paid by you to THG Publishing Private Limited for the particular Service to which the claim relates.
- Upon THG Publishing Private Limited's request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless THG Publishing Private Limited, its affiliates, agents, suppliers and licensors from any claims and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any breach of these Terms by you or your use of any Services.
- THG Publishing Private Limited will not be held responsible for circumstances beyond its control.
- THG Publishing Private Limited, its affiliates and its information providers will not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of THG Publishing Private Limited Content that may result directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond its or their reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
Additional Terms apply to your use of content in the Site & Service:
Changes to these Terms -
- THG Publishing Private Limited may, in its discretion, change these Terms (including those that relate to your use of the Site & Service.
- Whenever the Terms are changed, THG Publishing Private Limited will notify you by e-mail or by publishing the revised terms on the Site & Service.
- If you use the Site & Service after THG Publishing Private Limited has published or notified you of the changes, you are agreeing to be bound by those changes.
- If you do not agree to be bound by those changes, you should not use the Site & Service anymore after they are published. Access to certain THG Publishing Private Limited Content may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
Assignment of Agreement -
- This agreement is personal to you and your rights and obligations under these Terms may not be assigned, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred.
- This agreement may be assigned to a third party by THG Publishing Private Limited.
- No delay or omission on the part of either party in requiring performance by the other party of its obligations will operate as a waiver of any right.
- Notices to THG Publishing Private Limited must be given in writing, by letter, and sent to THG Publishing Private Limited Group, 859/860, Kasturi buildings, Anna Salai , Chennai 600002, Tamil Nadu, India.
Severability/Survival/Statute of Limitations -
- If any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, such will not render all the Terms unenforceable or invalid.
- Rather, the Terms will then be read and construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision(s) are not contained therein.
Whole Agreement -
- Save as expressly referred to herein, any representation, warranty, term or condition not expressly set out in these Terms shall not apply.
- Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal meaning or effect, nor shall they be taken into account in interpreting these Terms.
- THG Publishing Private Limited may at its discretion terminate or suspend your access to the content at any time without notice to you all or part of the Site / Service with or without cause by delivering notice to you.
No Class or Representative Proceedings; Class Action Waiver.
- YOU AND THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION.
- Unless both you and THG Publishing Private Limited agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person's claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
In the event of any grievances or write to us at the following address:
THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED
No. 859 & 860 Anna Salai,
- We reserve the right to discontinue the service at our discretion and convenience.
- All matters with respect to the T&C and R& R are subject to the courts of Chennai only.
All communications and notices of any kind may be sent to:
THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED
859-860, Anna Salai
Email: [email protected]
Our Digital Products
Our THG Products
BusinessLine India's leading website for business and financial news, BSE and NSE quotes, stock recommendations, market analysis and research, politics ...
Sportstar brings you latest sports news, cricket and football match schedules, live score updates and results.